Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon October 14, 2013
Hot Springs Film Fest Tries To Broaden Appeal
The Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival got started over the weekend as organizers try to broaden the event's appeal.
Opening night was Saturday, and organizers sold about 500 tickets to a showing of "Good Ol' Freda," a film about Freda Kelly, the Beatles' secretary.
Festival board chairman Susan Altrui told The Sentinel-Record that the film was well received.
Altrui says that attendance is up from last year. The festival is broadening its lineup in the hope of attracting more families and to involve younger children throughout the 10-day festival.
Altrui also said The McKinnis Sports Documentary Series featuring various sports films about diverse topics such as youth golfers, Muhammad Ali and others will likely attract new festival attendees.