Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue November 5, 2013
Hot Springs Museum To Get $7.8 Million Renovation
The Mid-America Science Museum in Hot Springs is preparing to embark on a $7.8 million renovation that will update exhibits and give the facility a skywalk that extends into a forest canopy on the grounds.
The museum said Tuesday that the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation and the Oaklawn Foundation are providing the money.
Construction is to begin during the summer with the skywalk. In the fall of next year, the museum will close for six months to complete work inside the building and install new exhibits. The project has a March 1, 2015, completion date target.
The renovation will focus on updating exhibits for school groups, providing adult activities and opportunities for teachers to get professional development in hands-on science education.