Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri December 27, 2013
Hundreds Of Laptops Given To Little Rock School District Students
A new computer distribution program will put laptops in the hands of 800 fourth and fifth grade students in the Little Rock School District.
The Arkansas Democrat Gazette Reports the largest school district in the state, with 25,000 students, will to continue to hand out laptops each year, with the initial four-school pilot program costing the district about 1 million dollars.
Physical books will still be an option, but the laptop is intended to be the primary learning tool. The plan eventually has all students, kindergarten through 12th grade, learning from their own individual laptop.