Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sun May 26, 2013
Hundreds Turn Out To Mourn Arkansas Teen Found Dead
Hundreds of family and friends turned out at the Walnut Ridge basketball gym for funeral services for a 14-year-old girl whose body was found in the Black River nearly a month after she disappeared.
Services were held Saturday for Sydney Randall.
Sidney disappeared March 10 and police say her now-dead stepfather - John Cornell - is the primary suspect in her disappearance. Police say Cornell was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound the day after Sidney was reported missing.
A cause of the girl's death has not been released.