Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu December 5, 2013
Icy, Slushy Highways Reported In Northern Arkansas
Arkansas highway officials are reporting icy and slushy roads in an area from Mena to Fort Smith to Dover to Hardy.
As a winter storm sliced into the state from the northwest, ice patches were reported on major highways north of Fort Smith to the Missouri line, then across northern Arkansas to Harrison and then down to Jasper and Dover.
Elsewhere in the region, the state highway department reported sleet falling.
Slush covered roads between Fort Smith and Ozark, and also north of Clinton and eastward to the Mammoth Spring and Hardy area. Ice was reported north of Mena and in the Springdale area.
The icy weather is expected to move into the rest of the state later Thursday and Friday. Travel is expected to become dangerous.