Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Tue July 2, 2013
Imagine 'Star Wars' Taking Place In Elizabethan England
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 7:36 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
Imagine if "Star Wars" took place not in a galaxy far, far away, but in Elizabethan England. Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi's final exchange might sound like...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
In time, thy powers have weak become, old man.
MONTAGNE: And yes, thou canst not win all warrant, Darth.
Out today, "William Shakespeare's Star Wars," as told by the Bard. And author Ian Doescher aims for a sequel: "The Empire Striketh Back."
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.