Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Tue July 2, 2013
Imagine 'Star Wars' Taking Place In Elizabethan England
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 7:36 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
Imagine if "Star Wars" took place not in a galaxy far, far away, but in Elizabethan England. Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi's final exchange might sound like...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
In time, thy powers have weak become, old man.
MONTAGNE: And yes, thou canst not win all warrant, Darth.
Out today, "William Shakespeare's Star Wars," as told by the Bard. And author Ian Doescher aims for a sequel: "The Empire Striketh Back."
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.