Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Sun September 15, 2013
Jewelry Auction To Raise Money For Hearing-Impaired Children
The Advance Health Spa in Hillcrest is accepting Jewelry donations this month, to benefit children affected by hearing loss.
The business is partnering with Sertoma, an organization that works with the hearing impaired, to raise money for the deaf and blind school’s hearing aid costs.
They will accept all types of jewelry in any type of condition, including broken watches and single, lost earrings. Event organizer Connie Carbary says the donated items will be fixed.
"We have people that are remaking it at the Arts Center. So they're making new jewelry out of the old jewelry, and then we're having a silent auction," says Carbury.
The silent auction is Thursday, October 3rd at the Advance Health Spa.
Deliver or mail donations to 615 Beechwood St (Hillcrest), Little Rock, AR 72205.