Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Wed April 9, 2014
John Cage: As Slow As Possible
Twentieth-century composer John Cage broke many music traditions, not the least of which was to designate his 1987 composition for organ, ASLAP, to be played as slowly as possible, hence the title’s acronym (As SLow aS Possible).
A performance of the piece was begun in 2001 in Halberstade, Germany, and is scheduled to last 639 years, ending in 2640!