Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue May 7, 2013
Johnny Cash Home In Dyess Set For 2014 Opening
Organizers haven't set a date yet but the restoration of the Johnny Cash home in Dyess is on track to open in 2014.
The project by Arkansas State University also includes restoration of a nearby theater and the Dyess Colony administration building. The structures should be ready for visitors in fall of next year.
The home is being renovated to look as it did when the Cash family moved to the Dyess Colony in 1935 in the middle of the Great Depression.
The Jonesboro Sun reports center has obtained a $500,000 grant for the work, and an annual music festival at ASU helps fund the effort in the northeast Arkansas town. This year's festival is set for Aug. 17 and is to feature country singer Vince Gill.