Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Wed June 19, 2013
Judge Replaces Juror At Former Little Rock Policeman Trial
A judge has replaced one of the 12 jurors selected at the trial of a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of a burglary suspect.
A prosecutor on Tuesday had raised questions about the man, who works for the city of Little Rock.
Josh Hastings faces a trial in the August 2012 death of Bobby Moore III. Hastings says Moore tried to run him over while he was working a burglary complaint.
Prosecutors say evidence did not support Hastings' recollection.
Prosecutor John Johnson said the victim's father was concerned about racial views within the potential juror's family, and the defense objected to striking a juror who had already passed the selection process.
Opening statements are scheduled for Wednesday.