Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon June 17, 2013
Jury Selection To Start In Trial Of Former Little Rock Officer
Jury selection is to begin in the trial of a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter for the shooting death of a teen burglary suspect.
The sides are to start questioning prospective jurors at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Wendell Griffen.
Former officer Josh Hastings is accused in the 2011 death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore III.
Hastings was fired and charged after investigators said evidence from the scene didn't match his account of events.
Hastings' attorney said last week that Hastings plans to testify to explain what happened during the encounter, in which he says Moore tried to run him over with a car.
Hastings was responding to a report of cars being broken into at an apartment complex.