Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon June 17, 2013
Jury Selection To Start In Trial Of Former Little Rock Officer
Jury selection is to begin in the trial of a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter for the shooting death of a teen burglary suspect.
The sides are to start questioning prospective jurors at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Wendell Griffen.
Former officer Josh Hastings is accused in the 2011 death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore III.
Hastings was fired and charged after investigators said evidence from the scene didn't match his account of events.
Hastings' attorney said last week that Hastings plans to testify to explain what happened during the encounter, in which he says Moore tried to run him over with a car.
Hastings was responding to a report of cars being broken into at an apartment complex.