Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Karajan And Interwar German Politics
Herbert von Karajan, one of the greatest conductors of all time, led the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra for thirty-five years, and was a dominant figure in European classical music until his death in 1989.
Not many know, however, that in 1935 he became a member of the Nazi Party. However, he did not collect his card, sign it, or pay his dues.
Still, it gives one pause to think.