Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
- Johnny Cash's Boyhood Home In Arkansas To Open This Weekend
- 'Game-Changing' Initiative Could Drastically Cut Water Usage For Farming
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Karajan And Interwar German Politics
Herbert von Karajan, one of the greatest conductors of all time, led the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra for thirty-five years, and was a dominant figure in European classical music until his death in 1989.
Not many know, however, that in 1935 he became a member of the Nazi Party. However, he did not collect his card, sign it, or pay his dues.
Still, it gives one pause to think.