Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu January 2, 2014
Light Snow Possible In Central Arkansas This Weekend
Much of Arkansas could see wintry weather over the coming weekend.
A cold front moved into the state, bringing much cooler temperatures on Wednesday. John Lewis, senior forecaster with the National Weather Service in Little Rock, says another cold front will move through Saturday.
“It looks like there’s a little bit more moisture with this one so maybe a little bit of light rain initially, changing to maybe a little bit of light snow and we’re looking mainly at the northern half of the state late Saturday night into Sunday morning,” Lewis said.
At this point, he says it’s too soon to say whether there will be any significant accumulation.
The front will also bring even colder temperatures to the state, with overnight lows Monday night expected to drop into the lower teens in central Arkansas.