Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue April 23, 2013
Little Rock Board Must Decide Whether To Overturn Mayor's Zoning Veto
The Little Rock Board of Directors is deciding whether or not to challenge Mayor Mark Stodola’s veto of its approval for the recent zoning proposal.
The zoning request would allow an RV and boat storage facility on residential property near Pinnacle Mountain. At-Large Director Joan Adcock, says the development would have benefited park visitors, by providing storage for their boats and RVs.
Mayor Stodola felt overriding the decision was necessary to protect the natural beauty of the area. "Highway 300 out by Pinnacle Mountain is a very scenic area" said Stodola.
The board can try to overturn the veto at the next board meeting, May 7th, and would need a 2/3 vote to pass the resolution.