Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue July 2, 2013
Little Rock To Break Ground On Amphitheatre Renovations
The city of Little Rock's recreation department has scheduled a ground-breaking on a major renovation at a riverfront amphitheatre.
The West Amphitheatre is behind the Old State Capitol on the north side of LaHarpe Boulevard.
Improvements have already started with the recent planting of large oaks honoring late Little Rock architect Rick Redden, and at 12:45 p.m.
Tuesday a ground-breaking will be held to mark a new donation benefiting renovations.
The West Amphitheatre is a few blocks west of one behind the city's River Market. It will seat about 500 people.
Work on the park is being supplied by Little Rock Parks and Recreation, the Downtown Rotary Club, Keep Little Rock Beautiful Commission and the Little Rock Convention and Visitor's Bureau.