Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue July 16, 2013
Little Rock Police: Stopped Vehicle Wasn't Stolen
Authorities say an SUV driven by a man who was fatally shot by Little Rock police wasn't actually stolen, although officers thought it may have been stolen shortly before the driver was killed.
Little Rock Police said Monday that an SUV driven by 26-year-old Deon Williams appeared to match the description of a stolen vehicle.
However, Little Rock Police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassandra Davis said Tuesday that the vehicle wasn't actually stolen.
Authorities say Williams fled from police and produced a gun before an officer shot and killed him.
Dozens of people gathered near the scene of the shooting Monday, protesting Williams' death and others killed by police while also decrying George Zimmerman's recent acquittal in the 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Florida.