Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Arkansas River & Infrastructure
Mon August 26, 2013
Little Rock River Bridges Clear State Inspection
The state highway department says two bridges across the Arkansas River that were struck by loose barges over the weekend have passed another inspection.
Highway and Transportation Department spokesman Randy Ort says inspections Monday confirmed earlier assessments that there was no structural damage to the bridge supports.
An inspector checked the Interstate 30 bridge and the pedestrian bridge at the Clinton Presidential Center.
The barges administered glancing blows to protective areas surrounding the bridge supports. Ort says the protective structures are filled with gravel and sand and won't need to be repaired.
Traffic was stopped to the highway bridge for about an hour on Friday night.
Local & Regional News