Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Tue April 30, 2013
Little Rock's Peabody Changing To Marriott
One of the major riverfront hotels in downtown Little Rock is changing its name and will undergo a major renovation.
A ceremony is set for Wednesday to formally convert the Peabody hotel to a Marriott, which will be run by an Atlanta-based hotel group that has promised a $16 million renovation to the 18-story structure.
The hotel's history includes a number of name changes. It was the Camelot and then the Excelsior before taking on the Peabody name in 2002.
The hotel is owned by the city and leased out. It is attached to the Statehouse Convention Center and is complemented by the Doubletree, the Capital Hotel and other downtown properties.
The city is giving the Marriott a break on its rent in light of its spending on upgrades.