Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Tue April 30, 2013
Little Rock's Peabody Changing To Marriott
One of the major riverfront hotels in downtown Little Rock is changing its name and will undergo a major renovation.
A ceremony is set for Wednesday to formally convert the Peabody hotel to a Marriott, which will be run by an Atlanta-based hotel group that has promised a $16 million renovation to the 18-story structure.
The hotel's history includes a number of name changes. It was the Camelot and then the Excelsior before taking on the Peabody name in 2002.
The hotel is owned by the city and leased out. It is attached to the Statehouse Convention Center and is complemented by the Doubletree, the Capital Hotel and other downtown properties.
The city is giving the Marriott a break on its rent in light of its spending on upgrades.