Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon September 16, 2013
Lottery Gift for College Prep Programs
An annual $40,000 gift was awarded to be distributed among state universities participating in programs for high school students.
The check was presented at the start of the regular Arkansas Lottery Commission meeting and is being granted to 20 schools that take part in the Upward Bound and Trio college prep programs.
Mary Kate Snow, President of the Arkansas Association of Student Assistance Programs says this was the “first gift of its kind on a national level.”
Funding for these programs typically comes from a federal level and not through gifts from state commissions.