Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Local & Regional News
Mon September 16, 2013
Lottery Gift for College Prep Programs
An annual $40,000 gift was awarded to be distributed among state universities participating in programs for high school students.
The check was presented at the start of the regular Arkansas Lottery Commission meeting and is being granted to 20 schools that take part in the Upward Bound and Trio college prep programs.
Mary Kate Snow, President of the Arkansas Association of Student Assistance Programs says this was the “first gift of its kind on a national level.”
Funding for these programs typically comes from a federal level and not through gifts from state commissions.