Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue February 18, 2014
LR Man Charged With Killing Teen Says He Only Shot To Scare
Little Rock police say a man charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of a 15-year-old girl told investigators he was just trying to scare some teenage vandals when he fired his pistol at their car.
Police say 48-year-old Willie Noble opened fire early Saturday after finding his car spattered with eggs, mayonnaise, toilet paper and leaves.
The driver fled to a convenience store. That's where police found Adrian Broadway with a gunshot wound to the head. She was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Police said in a news release Tuesday that Noble told investigators he saw his car was vandalized and waited for the teens. He fired when they came back.
Jail records don't list an attorney for Noble or say when he will appear in court.