Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue February 18, 2014
LR Man Charged With Killing Teen Says He Only Shot To Scare
Little Rock police say a man charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of a 15-year-old girl told investigators he was just trying to scare some teenage vandals when he fired his pistol at their car.
Police say 48-year-old Willie Noble opened fire early Saturday after finding his car spattered with eggs, mayonnaise, toilet paper and leaves.
The driver fled to a convenience store. That's where police found Adrian Broadway with a gunshot wound to the head. She was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Police said in a news release Tuesday that Noble told investigators he saw his car was vandalized and waited for the teens. He fired when they came back.
Jail records don't list an attorney for Noble or say when he will appear in court.