Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Local & Regional News
Thu September 5, 2013
LR Police Fire Officer Accused Of Displaying Gun
A Little Rock police officer has been fired after he allegedly displayed a gun at a bar in Fayetteville.
Police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassandra Davis released Jeffrey Harris' termination letter on Thursday.
The letter dated Wednesday says Harris drew his weapon and waved it at people at a bar in April.
The letter says Harris also used profane language and made a "racially derogatory statement during the incident."
Davis says Harris has 10 days to appeal his termination. It's not clear whether Harris has a lawyer.