Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu September 5, 2013
LR Police Fire Officer Accused Of Displaying Gun
A Little Rock police officer has been fired after he allegedly displayed a gun at a bar in Fayetteville.
Police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassandra Davis released Jeffrey Harris' termination letter on Thursday.
The letter dated Wednesday says Harris drew his weapon and waved it at people at a bar in April.
The letter says Harris also used profane language and made a "racially derogatory statement during the incident."
Davis says Harris has 10 days to appeal his termination. It's not clear whether Harris has a lawyer.