Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri August 23, 2013
Lt. Gov. Darr Reports Campaign Errors To Ethics Panel
Arkansas Lt. Gov. Mark Darr has filed an ethics complaint against himself over several errors he said he made in reporting how his campaign spent money shortly after he took office in 2011.
Darr on Friday reported several errors on the forms his campaign filed as it was raising money to repay the money he had loaned it for his successful 2010 bid.
Darr said in a statement that he's amending his fundraising reports after he took office in 2011 to reclassify fundraising expenses as debt reduction payments.
Darr said he'll accept any penalty levied by the Ethics Commission for the errors.
Darr filed the complaint after the Blue Hog Report website questioned hundreds of dollars spent at gas stations and restaurants that were classified as fundraising expenses.