Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- AARP Poll Shows Pryor With Slim Lead Over Cotton Among Seniors
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Up-and-Coming Arkansas Artist Blends Art and Psychology In New Exhibit
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
Local & Regional News
Fri June 14, 2013
Magnolia Properties Get Historic Designations
Two structures in Magnolia have been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Banner-News reports that the president's house at Southern Arkansas University and the Rushton Clinic in Magnolia were named to the list after consideration earlier this year by the state review board of the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program.
The president's house built for the SAU president on campus is a mid-century modern design by Little Rock's Wittenberg, Delony and Davidson architectural firm. It was built from 1957-1959 and now serves as the university's welcome center and home of the Southern Arkansas University Foundation.
The Rushton Clinic was built in 1938 in the art modern style that is considered unusual in small Arkansas towns during that time.