Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- AARP Poll Shows Pryor With Slim Lead Over Cotton Among Seniors
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Up-and-Coming Arkansas Artist Blends Art and Psychology In New Exhibit
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
Local & Regional News
Thu May 23, 2013
Majestic Hotel In Hot Springs Up For Sale
The former Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs is up for sale. The hotel closed in 2006 after serving customers for more than a century and through the bathhouse heyday.
The Sentinel-Record reports that the hotel includes more than five acres at the intersection of Park and Central Avenues. The hotel underwent a number of expansions and renovations.
The original hotel was built in 1882 on the north end of the complex, where spa and bathhouse are now. Other sections were added from the 1920s into the 1960s.
The Majestic was owned by Southwest Hotels Inc. and the adjacent Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa. It was later transferred to The Arc Arkansas. Investor-developer Garrison Hassenflu has been involved with the property since 2011.