Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Mon September 16, 2013
Manslaughter Retrial To Start In Little Rock For Ex-officer
A retrial is set to begin for a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter in a teenager's death.
Josh Hastings' retrial is to get underway on Monday in Little Rock. A jury deadlocked at a trial earlier this year.
Hastings is charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore III.
Judge Wendell Griffen has repeatedly refused to recuse from the case, even though Hastings' lawyer, Bill James, asked him to do so.
Griffen also said Hastings' attorneys can't present evidence that suggests that the teenager and his two friends who were with him had gang ties.
Griffen has said the slain teen and his friends are not on trial.