Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon September 16, 2013
Manslaughter Retrial To Start In Little Rock For Ex-officer
A retrial is set to begin for a former Little Rock police officer charged with manslaughter in a teenager's death.
Josh Hastings' retrial is to get underway on Monday in Little Rock. A jury deadlocked at a trial earlier this year.
Hastings is charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore III.
Judge Wendell Griffen has repeatedly refused to recuse from the case, even though Hastings' lawyer, Bill James, asked him to do so.
Griffen also said Hastings' attorneys can't present evidence that suggests that the teenager and his two friends who were with him had gang ties.
Griffen has said the slain teen and his friends are not on trial.