Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri May 24, 2013
May 31 Deadline To Assess Arkansas Personal Property
The Arkansas lands commissioner is reminding residents that they have until May 31 to assess their personal property.
Lands Commissioner John Thurston says people who don't have their property assessed by the deadline are subject to penalties.
The taxes are important to counties, public schools and numerous agencies, including public safety forces.
Thurston says communities can miss out on funding if property isn't assessed on time.