Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Fri May 24, 2013
May 31 Deadline To Assess Arkansas Personal Property
The Arkansas lands commissioner is reminding residents that they have until May 31 to assess their personal property.
Lands Commissioner John Thurston says people who don't have their property assessed by the deadline are subject to penalties.
The taxes are important to counties, public schools and numerous agencies, including public safety forces.
Thurston says communities can miss out on funding if property isn't assessed on time.