Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri May 24, 2013
May 31 Deadline To Assess Arkansas Personal Property
The Arkansas lands commissioner is reminding residents that they have until May 31 to assess their personal property.
Lands Commissioner John Thurston says people who don't have their property assessed by the deadline are subject to penalties.
The taxes are important to counties, public schools and numerous agencies, including public safety forces.
Thurston says communities can miss out on funding if property isn't assessed on time.