Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
Tue June 4, 2013
Meeting Set On New Arkansas Environmental Laws
Legislators passed new air pollution control regulations and the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality is to hold a meeting on how to implement the new law.
The agency is to conduct a hearing at 1 p.m. Friday at ADEQ headquarters in North Little Rock. The meeting is open to the public but officials have specifically invited parties that will be affected by the new law, along with environmental groups.
At issue is the emission of certain types of pollutants.
ADEQ staff will give a presentation on how the agency plans to begin adapting to the new regulations.