Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Tue June 4, 2013
Meeting Set On New Arkansas Environmental Laws
Legislators passed new air pollution control regulations and the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality is to hold a meeting on how to implement the new law.
The agency is to conduct a hearing at 1 p.m. Friday at ADEQ headquarters in North Little Rock. The meeting is open to the public but officials have specifically invited parties that will be affected by the new law, along with environmental groups.
At issue is the emission of certain types of pollutants.
ADEQ staff will give a presentation on how the agency plans to begin adapting to the new regulations.