Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue July 23, 2013
Mental Exam Ordered For Suspect In Three Arkansas Deaths
A judge has granted a request for a mental evaluation for a man arrested in the shooting deaths of three people, including his 9-year-old niece.
Circuit Court Judge Charles Yeargan granted the request Monday from defense attorneys for 43-year-old Timothy Allen Hill.
Authorities arrested Hill in the July 13 deaths of his estranged wife, Dana Hill; his mother-in-law, Julie Hartsfield; and his niece, Autumn Hartsfield. All three were found shot to death at a home near Murfreesboro.
The Texarkana Gazette reports that Hill will be transferred to the state hospital in Little Rock for a mental evaluation. He's now being held in the Pike County jail on $1 million bond.