Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sat May 25, 2013
More Small Earthquakes Reported In Central Arkansas
The US Geological Survey has recorded several small earthquakes in the Morrilton area about 50 miles west of Little Rock. The USGS reports that nine earthquakes ranging in magnitude from 1.5 to 2.4 between shortly before 10:30 p.m. Friday and 1:45 p.m. Saturday in the area northeast of Morrilton. Geologists say earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 to 3.0 are generally the smallest that are felt by humans and that damage is not a common until an earthquake is above magnitude 4.0. The quakes are the latest of more than two dozen in the area in the past week - including a 3.4 magnitude temblor early Friday morning that several people reported feeling.