Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
'Most Prolific' Composer: It's Not Bach
While many would say that J.S. Bach is the greatest prolific composer, Bach’s contemporary, Georg Philipp Telemann, is credited by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most prolific, having written over 3,000 compositions, including 1,000 church cantatas, as well as numerous other instrumental works.
However, Bach still has him bested in one prolific area: he had 22 children!