Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- AARP Poll Shows Pryor With Slim Lead Over Cotton Among Seniors
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Up-and-Coming Arkansas Artist Blends Art and Psychology In New Exhibit
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
'Most Prolific' Composer: It's Not Bach
While many would say that J.S. Bach is the greatest prolific composer, Bach’s contemporary, Georg Philipp Telemann, is credited by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most prolific, having written over 3,000 compositions, including 1,000 church cantatas, as well as numerous other instrumental works.
However, Bach still has him bested in one prolific area: he had 22 children!