Most Active Stories
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- UAMS Gets Funding To Expand Services At 12th Street Center
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
'Most Prolific' Composer: It's Not Bach
While many would say that J.S. Bach is the greatest prolific composer, Bach’s contemporary, Georg Philipp Telemann, is credited by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most prolific, having written over 3,000 compositions, including 1,000 church cantatas, as well as numerous other instrumental works.
However, Bach still has him bested in one prolific area: he had 22 children!