Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
'Most Prolific' Composer: It's Not Bach
While many would say that J.S. Bach is the greatest prolific composer, Bach’s contemporary, Georg Philipp Telemann, is credited by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most prolific, having written over 3,000 compositions, including 1,000 church cantatas, as well as numerous other instrumental works.
However, Bach still has him bested in one prolific area: he had 22 children!