Most Active Stories
- Guns On Campus Bill Passes Arkansas House, Heads To Senate
- Winter Weather Closings and Delays
- Arkansas Lawmaker Plans To File Firing Squad Legislation
- Arkansas Immigrants Prepare As President's Executive Orders Remain In Limbo
- Hutchinson Names Johnny Key Education Head, Asks Leg. To Change Requirements
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
'Most Prolific' Composer: It's Not Bach
While many would say that J.S. Bach is the greatest prolific composer, Bach’s contemporary, Georg Philipp Telemann, is credited by the Guiness Book of World Records as the most prolific, having written over 3,000 compositions, including 1,000 church cantatas, as well as numerous other instrumental works.
However, Bach still has him bested in one prolific area: he had 22 children!