Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon November 25, 2013
Much Of Arkansas Under Winter Storm Warning
A winter storm warning remains in place for parts of southwest Arkansas as a storm system makes its way through the state.
The National Weather Service says a mix of sleet and freezing rain is possible Monday for western parts of the state, including the Hope, Mena and Texarkana areas. Forecasters say ice accumulations of one-tenth of an inch are possible in the areas.
Much of the state is under a winter weather advisory, with sleet expected in many areas. Forecasters say the precipitation should transition to mostly rain before tapering off by mid-afternoon Monday.
The weather service says it's not expected to be a major winter storm in Arkansas. The precipitation may cause some slick spots on the roads, but the system is expected to move out by Tuesday.