Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Music In Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital, among others nationwide, is using music in their neo-natal wards to increase the health of the babies.
They have found that singing lullabies makes the baby’s heart rate go down and oxygen in the blood go up.
The babies sleep better and gain weight faster, and are able to leave the hospital sooner. I guess it’s true that music does indeed “sooth the savage breast.”