Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Music In Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital, among others nationwide, is using music in their neo-natal wards to increase the health of the babies.
They have found that singing lullabies makes the baby’s heart rate go down and oxygen in the blood go up.
The babies sleep better and gain weight faster, and are able to leave the hospital sooner. I guess it’s true that music does indeed “sooth the savage breast.”