Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Works by Beethoven are as familiar to music listeners as those by any composer. But I imagine not many of us have heard his seldom played concert overture, Zur Namensfeier, or Name Day Overture, composed in 1815.
A “name day” celebrates the day associated with one’s given name, in this case, St. Francis of Assisi, the name day of the Austrian emperor Franz I.