Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Works by Beethoven are as familiar to music listeners as those by any composer. But I imagine not many of us have heard his seldom played concert overture, Zur Namensfeier, or Name Day Overture, composed in 1815.
A “name day” celebrates the day associated with one’s given name, in this case, St. Francis of Assisi, the name day of the Austrian emperor Franz I.