Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Works by Beethoven are as familiar to music listeners as those by any composer. But I imagine not many of us have heard his seldom played concert overture, Zur Namensfeier, or Name Day Overture, composed in 1815.
A “name day” celebrates the day associated with one’s given name, in this case, St. Francis of Assisi, the name day of the Austrian emperor Franz I.