Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue August 6, 2013
The National Weather Service Issues A Heat Advisory For Most Of Arkansas
A heat advisory is in affect for Central and Southwest Arkansas for Tuesday and Wednesday. Temperatures are expected to reach the upper 90s and in some areas even 100 degrees, but will feel warmer due to humidity levels.
Senior Forecaster John Lewis says certain groups of people are more likely to be affected negatively by the heat.
"Small children, the elderly, people in general who work outside for long periods of time, should at least consider moving indoors...so the heat isn't as prolonged" said Lewis.
The National Weather Service warning begins Tuesday at noon and will last until Wednesday evening.