Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed February 12, 2014
NE Arkansas Call Center To Close, Eliminating 125 Jobs
A call center in Jonesboro is again closing its doors and laying off employees. StarTek said Tuesday that 125 people will lose their jobs as the facility shuts down completely on May 12.
Company marketing director Rosemary Hanratty says the Jonesboro call center performed well, but that StarTek decided to close it as part of a "strategic business decision."
StarTek previously ceased operations in northeast Arkansas in April 2012, but reopened several months later.
Hanratty tells The Jonesboro Sun that the company has no current plans to possibly reopen again in Jonesboro. The call center provided customer support for various industries.