Most Active Stories
- Authorities: Suspect In Murder Of Realtor Had Appointment To View Home
- Suspect Arrested In Disappearance Of Arkansas Real Estate Agent
- Cotton's Farm Bill Ad Found To Be False By Three Fact Checkers
- Authorities Search For Missing Little Rock Real Estate Agent
- Exhibit On Arkansas Times Showcases 40 Years
Local & Regional News
Wed February 12, 2014
NE Arkansas Call Center To Close, Eliminating 125 Jobs
A call center in Jonesboro is again closing its doors and laying off employees. StarTek said Tuesday that 125 people will lose their jobs as the facility shuts down completely on May 12.
Company marketing director Rosemary Hanratty says the Jonesboro call center performed well, but that StarTek decided to close it as part of a "strategic business decision."
StarTek previously ceased operations in northeast Arkansas in April 2012, but reopened several months later.
Hanratty tells The Jonesboro Sun that the company has no current plans to possibly reopen again in Jonesboro. The call center provided customer support for various industries.