Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Arkansas Woman On Reality Show
Wed February 27, 2013
New Entrepreneur From Emerson Arkansas To Be On ABC's Shark Tank
An Arkansas woman will be featured on the ABC reality TV show Shark Tank this weekend.
Jessica Haynes pitched an idea for a shoe with interchangeable heels, which will be featured on the program Friday at 8 p.m.
Haynes says although people have tried this before, her idea is different because it can change from a stiletto to a wedge.
JesKa Shoes also have magnetic components for attaching accessories on the shoe. She says the idea came after she broke a heel of her favorite pair of shoe.
“Big ideas can come from a small town, I’m from Emerson, Arkansas, which is a town of a little over 300 people. I think this is going to inspire a lot of young entrepreneurs like myself to really just take the lead and to start their own company,” said Haynes.
“My hope is just that America loves the product and they want to purchase it and they believe in my story and they can relate to me. I think that’s what I want most is for people to see that I’m not this big shoe company that has no faith. I had my family put their finances on the line just to start this company.”
Haynes is a graduate of Southern Arkansas University who won the Innovation Award for the shoe idea.
She says the episode was filmed last September.