Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue March 11, 2014
New Numbers Released For Insurance Market Plan
Less than 50 percent of the Arkansans eligible to sign up for health care coverage under the nation's new marketplace have selected a plan.
A report released Tuesday by the federal government shows that of the 58,173 people who are eligible to pick a plan, about 27, 400 have done so during the marketplace's first five months.
Of those who have selected a plan, 56 percent are female and 44 percent male. Thirty-five percent are in the 55 to 64 age group, while 23 percent are 45 to 54. Those age 35 to 44 account for 16 percent and 26- to 34-year-olds account for 14 percent. Those 18 to 25 and those younger than 18 account for 8 and 5 percent, respectively.
The open enrollment period ends March 31.