Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Tue March 11, 2014
New Numbers Released For Insurance Market Plan
Less than 50 percent of the Arkansans eligible to sign up for health care coverage under the nation's new marketplace have selected a plan.
A report released Tuesday by the federal government shows that of the 58,173 people who are eligible to pick a plan, about 27, 400 have done so during the marketplace's first five months.
Of those who have selected a plan, 56 percent are female and 44 percent male. Thirty-five percent are in the 55 to 64 age group, while 23 percent are 45 to 54. Those age 35 to 44 account for 16 percent and 26- to 34-year-olds account for 14 percent. Those 18 to 25 and those younger than 18 account for 8 and 5 percent, respectively.
The open enrollment period ends March 31.