Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Fri February 22, 2013
New Survey: Arkansans Divided On Concealed Weapons Bill
A survey released Friday by Talk Business and Hendrix College finds by a slight margin that most respondents support a bill that would allow weapons to be carried on college campuses by licensed faculty and staff.
49% are in favor of the proposal, while 43-percent are against it. Roby Brock with Talk Business Arkansas says it shows that gun rights issues remain a divisive topic.
Brock said, "When you look at the numbers and you see that its less than 50 percent who support it or oppose it- it's both in the 40s…really it seems to be a lot of public opinion that is evenly divided on this issue."
Those surveyed were also asked about whether the legislature should approve 125 million dollars in incentives for a company to build a one billion dollar steel mill in east Arkansas. 64 percent approve of the project, with 17-percent against.