Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon May 19, 2014
Noted University Of Arkansas Wine Researcher Dies
Justin Roy Morris, a prominent University of Arkansas grape and wine researcher, has died. He was 77.
The University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture announced that Morris died Monday. Spokesman Dave Edmark said Morris had been ill for some time.
Morris was a professor in the Food Science Department and director of the Institute of Food Science and Engineering at the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture. He retired in 2009. That was the same year he was inducted into the Arkansas Agriculture Hall of Fame.
Morris published more than 410 research and trade articles as well as countless books and book chapters.
A private graveside service will be held Friday in his hometown of Nashville, Ark. There will be a memorial service at June 6 in Fayetteville.