Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Wed June 12, 2013
NRA Answers Bloomberg With Pryor Radio Ad
The National Rifle Association is buying airtime on Arkansas radio stations to defend Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor's vote against gun purchase background checks proposed by President Barack Obama.
The NRA said the ad will run Wednesday through June 25 in a number of state media markets.
The 60-second spot mentions the 2008 murder of Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney and says nothing in the legislation Pryor voted against would have prevented the killing.
A gun control group co-founded by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, ran a 30-second ad in May that attacked Pryor for his vote. The ad didn't mention Gwatney by name but the group referred to him in a news release. Pryor called the ad "disgusting" and said it politicized a friend's death.