Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Wed April 9, 2014
Panel: Judge Maggio Investigation To Take Months
The Arkansas panel that investigates claims of judicial misconduct says its inquiry into Circuit Judge Mike Maggio will likely take months.
The Arkansas Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission said Tuesday that Maggio is cooperating in the investigation into alleged ethics violations. In a statement, the commission said it anticipates either a disciplinary charge or sanctions to be announced by mid-August.
The panel is investigating campaign contributions made to Maggio before the judge reduced a multimillion-dollar judgment against a nursing home.
The commission is also looking into inappropriate comments that Maggio admitted making on an online message board.
The Arkansas Supreme Court has stripped Maggio of all his cases until further notice.