Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue January 28, 2014
Pet Owners Are Encouraged To Keep Animals Inside As Temperatures Drop
As temperatures continue to change drastically from day to day, people are bundling up to fight the cold. But what about their pets?
Leaving pets outside in this weather is considered abuse and under city ordinance owners can be taken to court and charged with animal cruelty. Tracy Roark is asking pet owners to keep animals indoors.
"Pets should be part of your family, and you should treat them as part of your family. They have feelings, and they have a heart. When it is cold like this bring them in," said Roark.
Visit the Friends of the Animal Village website for more information.