Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
The Piano Takes All the Spotlight
The harpsichord was the primary stringed keyboard instrument until the piano was invented in the 1700’s.
Whereas the harpsichord has a limited dynamic and expressive range, the piano is often preferred in performing music of an earlier time due to its greater ability in these areas.
However, one should keep in mind that Bach, Handel, and the early Mozart wrote for the harpsichord, not the piano.