Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
The Piano Takes All the Spotlight
The harpsichord was the primary stringed keyboard instrument until the piano was invented in the 1700’s.
Whereas the harpsichord has a limited dynamic and expressive range, the piano is often preferred in performing music of an earlier time due to its greater ability in these areas.
However, one should keep in mind that Bach, Handel, and the early Mozart wrote for the harpsichord, not the piano.