Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
The Piano Takes All the Spotlight
The harpsichord was the primary stringed keyboard instrument until the piano was invented in the 1700’s.
Whereas the harpsichord has a limited dynamic and expressive range, the piano is often preferred in performing music of an earlier time due to its greater ability in these areas.
However, one should keep in mind that Bach, Handel, and the early Mozart wrote for the harpsichord, not the piano.