Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
The Piano Takes All the Spotlight
The harpsichord was the primary stringed keyboard instrument until the piano was invented in the 1700’s.
Whereas the harpsichord has a limited dynamic and expressive range, the piano is often preferred in performing music of an earlier time due to its greater ability in these areas.
However, one should keep in mind that Bach, Handel, and the early Mozart wrote for the harpsichord, not the piano.