Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Notes on Music
Fri September 6, 2013
The Piano Takes All the Spotlight
The harpsichord was the primary stringed keyboard instrument until the piano was invented in the 1700’s.
Whereas the harpsichord has a limited dynamic and expressive range, the piano is often preferred in performing music of an earlier time due to its greater ability in these areas.
However, one should keep in mind that Bach, Handel, and the early Mozart wrote for the harpsichord, not the piano.