Most Active Stories
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
- Bill Filed In Arkansas To End Dual Observance Of Robert E. Lee & MLK Day
Tue July 28, 2009
The Pied Piper of Arkansas
William "Woodpecker" Worden is a modern-day Pied Piper, but instead of leading local children astray, his flute playing and music mentoring helps many youngsters realize their untapped potential.
As an "artist in education" with the Arkansas Arts Council, Worden gives flute lessons to elementary and middle school students in central and northern Arkansas. Administrators and teachers at over a dozen schools are praising Worden's Spirit Songs Native American Flute Program for its positive impact on troubled youth. FM 89's Malcolm Glover filed this report.
Click here to learn more about William "Woodpecker" Worden and his program.