Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Tue July 28, 2009
The Pied Piper of Arkansas
William "Woodpecker" Worden is a modern-day Pied Piper, but instead of leading local children astray, his flute playing and music mentoring helps many youngsters realize their untapped potential.
As an "artist in education" with the Arkansas Arts Council, Worden gives flute lessons to elementary and middle school students in central and northern Arkansas. Administrators and teachers at over a dozen schools are praising Worden's Spirit Songs Native American Flute Program for its positive impact on troubled youth. FM 89's Malcolm Glover filed this report.
Click here to learn more about William "Woodpecker" Worden and his program.