Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Tue July 28, 2009
The Pied Piper of Arkansas
William "Woodpecker" Worden is a modern-day Pied Piper, but instead of leading local children astray, his flute playing and music mentoring helps many youngsters realize their untapped potential.
As an "artist in education" with the Arkansas Arts Council, Worden gives flute lessons to elementary and middle school students in central and northern Arkansas. Administrators and teachers at over a dozen schools are praising Worden's Spirit Songs Native American Flute Program for its positive impact on troubled youth. FM 89's Malcolm Glover filed this report.
Click here to learn more about William "Woodpecker" Worden and his program.