Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Local & Regional News
Mon September 23, 2013
Pipe Bombs Seized During Search Of Jonesboro Home
A man and a woman in Jonesboro are in custody after officers executing a search warrant found pipe bombs, bomb-making material and weapons at a house.
Craighead County Sheriff Marty Boyd says authorities called in local agents from the FBI to assist after the explosives were found Sunday night.
Boyd says one person in the home was on probation and authorities were investigating reports of drugs in the home.
Law enforcement cordoned off the area around the home but the neighborhood was not evacuated.
Jonesboro television station KAIT reports that the house was deemed safe Monday morning for deputies to collect evidence.
Authorities have not yet released the names of the man or woman who were taken into custody.