Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Mon September 23, 2013
Pipe Bombs Seized During Search Of Jonesboro Home
A man and a woman in Jonesboro are in custody after officers executing a search warrant found pipe bombs, bomb-making material and weapons at a house.
Craighead County Sheriff Marty Boyd says authorities called in local agents from the FBI to assist after the explosives were found Sunday night.
Boyd says one person in the home was on probation and authorities were investigating reports of drugs in the home.
Law enforcement cordoned off the area around the home but the neighborhood was not evacuated.
Jonesboro television station KAIT reports that the house was deemed safe Monday morning for deputies to collect evidence.
Authorities have not yet released the names of the man or woman who were taken into custody.