Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Mon September 23, 2013
Pipe Bombs Seized During Search Of Jonesboro Home
A man and a woman in Jonesboro are in custody after officers executing a search warrant found pipe bombs, bomb-making material and weapons at a house.
Craighead County Sheriff Marty Boyd says authorities called in local agents from the FBI to assist after the explosives were found Sunday night.
Boyd says one person in the home was on probation and authorities were investigating reports of drugs in the home.
Law enforcement cordoned off the area around the home but the neighborhood was not evacuated.
Jonesboro television station KAIT reports that the house was deemed safe Monday morning for deputies to collect evidence.
Authorities have not yet released the names of the man or woman who were taken into custody.