Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Proposal Would Have Pine Bluff Clubs Close Earlier
The Pine Bluff City Council is expected to consider a measure that would require earlier closing times for clubs.
The Pine Bluff City Council is scheduled to give final consideration to the proposed ordinance on Aug. 5.
The proposal would require all private clubs in the city to shut their doors at 1 a.m.
Mayor Debe Hollingsworth says earlier closing times would cut down on the number of police calls to private clubs.
However, Pine Bluff businessman Lloyd Franklin said he opposes the move. Franklin says people would just move their partying to private residences.