Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Proposal Would Have Pine Bluff Clubs Close Earlier
The Pine Bluff City Council is expected to consider a measure that would require earlier closing times for clubs.
The Pine Bluff City Council is scheduled to give final consideration to the proposed ordinance on Aug. 5.
The proposal would require all private clubs in the city to shut their doors at 1 a.m.
Mayor Debe Hollingsworth says earlier closing times would cut down on the number of police calls to private clubs.
However, Pine Bluff businessman Lloyd Franklin said he opposes the move. Franklin says people would just move their partying to private residences.