Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Proposal Would Have Pine Bluff Clubs Close Earlier
The Pine Bluff City Council is expected to consider a measure that would require earlier closing times for clubs.
The Pine Bluff City Council is scheduled to give final consideration to the proposed ordinance on Aug. 5.
The proposal would require all private clubs in the city to shut their doors at 1 a.m.
Mayor Debe Hollingsworth says earlier closing times would cut down on the number of police calls to private clubs.
However, Pine Bluff businessman Lloyd Franklin said he opposes the move. Franklin says people would just move their partying to private residences.