Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
- Johnny Cash's Boyhood Home In Arkansas To Open This Weekend
- 'Game-Changing' Initiative Could Drastically Cut Water Usage For Farming
Local & Regional News
Mon July 29, 2013
Proposal Would Have Pine Bluff Clubs Close Earlier
The Pine Bluff City Council is expected to consider a measure that would require earlier closing times for clubs.
The Pine Bluff City Council is scheduled to give final consideration to the proposed ordinance on Aug. 5.
The proposal would require all private clubs in the city to shut their doors at 1 a.m.
Mayor Debe Hollingsworth says earlier closing times would cut down on the number of police calls to private clubs.
However, Pine Bluff businessman Lloyd Franklin said he opposes the move. Franklin says people would just move their partying to private residences.