Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Notes on Music
Fri November 22, 2013
Gioachino Rossini was a composer of many great operas, but was also quite a womanizer. One of his “loves” was Maria Marcolini, the former mistress of Napoleon’s brother.
When Napoleon, who had occupied northern Italy, mandated compulsory enlistment in the French Army, Marcolini was able to pull some strings to get Rossini an exemption. Otherwise we’d be missing some very good operas!