Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue November 26, 2013
Razorbacks Cutting Back Football Games In Little Rock
Arkansas' football program will pay Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium $400,000 in each of the next three years and drop the number of games it plays in the capital city.
As part of a deal approved by the stadium's commission Tuesday, the Razorbacks will play one game in Little Rock through the 2018 season.
Next year's game will be a Southeastern Conference game against Georgia, and at least one game in the next four years must also be against an SEC opponent.
In the final two years of the contract, Arkansas can use the stadium rent-free. It currently pays $75,000 per game to rent the stadium.
The university approached the stadium with the offer. Coach Bret Bielema has likened games at Little Rock to road games.