Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Wed September 4, 2013
Razorbacks Set Aside T-shirt Gun After Man Injured
The University of Arkansas says it won't use a T-shirt launcher at War Memorial Stadium this weekend after a marketing intern was injured at last weekend's game.
The school said Tuesday a pneumatic launcher was lying on the artificial turf when it discharged Saturday.
An intern was treated at a hospital and released. A loud explosion rang from the southeastern corner of Razorback Stadium during the first quarter of Saturday's game with Louisiana-Lafayette.
Medical personnel were seen later responding to an injured person who was taken away on a stretcher.
The school did not identify the intern and said it would not comment beyond saying it would not use the launcher at Saturday's game against Samford in Little Rock. A decision on future use will be made later.