Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Wed March 6, 2013
Re-striping Pavement At I 430/I 630 Interchange Is Scheduled For Thursday And Friday
As work continues on the Big Rock Interchange, where Interstates 430 and 630 meet in west Little Rock, the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department is sending crews Thursday and Friday to re-stripe pavement at the east bound lanes.
The re-striping has been postponed twice due to bad weather.
Spokesman Danny Straessle says there may be some detours and rolling lane closure to make sure the paint is dry before motorists drive by.
“When it’s all said and done, the end result should be a good visibility both day and night for the lanes for motorists to figure out where their lane is and how to navigate safely through that interchange,” said Straessle.
He also has a request for motorists.
“As you approach a work zone and as you drive through a work zone, please drive carefully. Watch out for all the warning signs and do not use your cell phone while you’re doing that.”
Re-striping is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday, weather permitting.
Work on the $125 million Interchange project is expected to be completed by the end of next year.